- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 organic red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 cup red quinoa
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable broth (I use Pacific Brand)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 scoops Shaklee Greens Booster
- Dash of Chipotle smoked red jalapenos (spice from Frontier Co-op)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can of organic corn
- 1 can of organic black beans, rinsed and drained
1. Saute onion and garlic in the olive oil until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
2. Add quinoa and vegetable broth; season with cumin, cayenne pepper, chipotle jalapeno powder, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until quinoa is tender and broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
3. Stir corn and black beans into the mixture. Heat for about 5 minutes or until corn and beans are warm.
4. Serve in a “vegan” bowl with cooked sweet potato (or pumpkin/squash) and fresh spinach.